Welcome to Little Notes Music School
Little Notes for Little Fingers
How to Find a Teacher for Music Lessons (as a parent or adult student)
- Check out the location. Is it clean, orderly, feel comfortable, easy to find and accessible?
- Does the teacher teach enough technique and scales along with repertoire?
- Teacher should be kind, fair, understanding and calm. Make sure they are able to focus during the lesson.
- Meet with the teacher first. May want to watch a lesson or take a free trial lesson.
- Criticisms / feedback should be fair, constructive and concise.
- Teacher should be able to demonstrate with instrument and show the student how to fix a mistake.
- Lessons should be challenging.
- Teacher is able to communicate well with student and parent.
- May wish to ask for references. Recommendations are an excellent way to find a teacher.
- The lesson cost and teacher’s bio does not always reflect their ability to teach.
- Are there recitals / performances?
- Are there any extra costs?
- Beware of teachers with an air of arrogance.
- What is their teaching schedule?
Source: Private Music Studio Guides by Mimi Butler, 401 Beechwood Ave., Haddonfield, NJ
- Violin, Piano, Guitar, Voice, Rock Band, and More
- Private Lessons
- Preschool Music Program and Kindermusik Classes
- Music Lessons and Special Classes for Children with Learning Disabilities (ADD, ADHD, Autism)
- Older Beginners are Welcome
Phone: (973) 479-8905
508 West Rt. 10
Randolph, NJ 07869